The University of South Australia (UniSA)
“The University of South Australia (UniSA) ranks among the top 10 Universitys in Australia in the Times Higher Education World University Ranking 2018”
- Australia’s University of Enterprise.
- Awarded 5 stars of Excellence.
- One of the world’s best young universities by Quacarelli Symonds (QS)
- The highest ranked university in Australia for the international diversity of its staff and is ranked 9th in the world on that measure
The University of South Australia (UniSA) is a public research university in the Australian state of South Australia. UniSA offers degree programs across a wide range of subjects including Business, Law, Education, Arts and Social sciences, Health sciences, Information technology, Engineering and the Environment. More than 90 per cent of UniSA graduates now in full-time work are employed in professional occupations within four months of completing their degrees.
UniSA at a glance
Discover some of the unique undergraduate and postgraduate programs available across UniSA four academic areas:
The university is ranked as one of the world’s best places to study:
- Nursing (Top 50);
- Architecture (Top 100);
- Art and Design (Top 100);
- Business School is ranked in the world’s top 1%.
According to the Australian rankings
- 97% of UniSA research assessed as world standard or above;
- UniSA is Australia’s number one young university for industry;
- UniSA is Australia’s youngest university to receive five-stars in research;
According to South Australian rankings
- Number one for student satisfaction;
- Number one for graduate careers; and
- Number one for graduate employment in Social Work / Psychology / Management and Commerce / Architecture and Building / Communication / Creative Arts / Teaching / Health Services and
- Number one for overall teaching quality in Law.
3. WHY UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA
We’re dynamic, vibrant and successful
- The University of South Australia was awarded 5 Stars in the 2012 QS World University Rankings! A typical Five Stars university is generally considered world class in a broad range of areas, enjoys a high reputation and has cutting edge facilities and an internationally renowned research and teaching faculty.
- In the 2011/2012 QS World University Rankings (rated among the most trusted in the world), the University of South Australia was ranked 11th in Australia and among the top three per cent in the world.
We have great teachers
Almost three-quarters of our academic staff hold PhDs which means they know what they’re teaching. They’re always winning awards like Citations for Outstanding Contributions to Student Learning. And they are also really friendly!
What you learn can be put to work
The Employer Reputation Indicator puts the University of South Australia amongst the world’s top 100 universities for smart, work ready graduates. As a Study Abroad student with us you could find yourself working in clinical and field placements, assisting with industry-based projects, working alongside people from industry and the professions or completing part of your studies overseas.
We’ll support you all the way
Our dedicated support services are designed to help our students succeed, and to get the most out of their university experience! We are on hand every step of the way with services for all students as well as additional assistance for our international students. We even provide a free on-arrival welcome service where we will meet you at the airport, bus depot or train station and take you to your accommodation.
Hear all the great things our Exchange and Study Abroad students have to say about their experiences!
4. ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
4.1 Minimum English language entry requirements
4.2 Academic qualifications
- Successful completion of a secondary qualification in Australia within the last two years; or
- Successful completion of at least one year of tertiary study in Australia with the last two years; or
- Successful completion within the last two years of one year of secondary or tertiary study undertaken in English, in a country where English is widely used, as determined by the University.
In general, Vietnamese students should hold SACE or Bang Tot Nghiep Pho Thong Trung Hoc, minimum entry requirements with minimum grade point average of 7.0 out of 10 – special considerations may be made for graduates of Vietnamese Gifted Schools.
Please refer to the program information page for detailed information on English language and academic entry requirements specific to each program. Basically each program also contain entry requirements, majors and minors, career opportunities, further study and program structures:
Explore the range of scholarships and sponsorships on offer
- Vice Chancellor’s International Excellence Scholarship
- International Merit Scholarship
- Australian Government scholarships, known as Australia Awards, for capacity building in developing countries for students, researchers and professionals
- Sponsorship opportunities offered by your home country
- UniSA Scholarships for international undergraduate, postgraduate and research students
- International postgraduate research scholarships
- Australian Government Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships
University- wide scholaships
Scholarship name Eligibility Value Key dates
Research Training Program international (RTPi) Scholarships Academic merit and research potential At least $27,082 (2018 base rate)
Scholarship benefits and conditions (PDF file 408kb)
University President's Scholarships (UPS) Academic merit Tuition fees plus a living allowance of At least $27,082 (2018 base rate)
Scholarship benefits and conditions (PDF file 408kb)
International Research Tuition Scholarships Commencing students only
Academic Merit and demonstrated research capability
Receiving or (will receive) an externally funded stipend scholarship
Tuition fee - more info Apply anytime
Research Themes PhD Scholarships Must meet the criteria for a Higher Degree by Research degree at UniSA. More information is available here Stipend valued at $27,082 (2018 base rate) or Support Package of $10,000 pa. More information is available here No closing date. More information is available here.
Part time job’s eligibility
- Undergraduate students may work in a paid or voluntary capacity for up to 40 hours per fortnight during teaching times (when your course is in session) and unlimited hours during scheduled university breaks. If you work more hours than this, you will be in breach of visa conditions and your visa may be cancelled. This rule applies to paid and voluntary work.
- If you are a Higher Degree Research (HDR) student on a 574 visa, you will be able to work an unlimited amount of hours once your program of study or course has commenced. However, the University’s Research Degrees Committee recommends that full-time research degree students undertake paid employment for no more than 8 hours per week or for a total of the equivalent of 8 hours per week over a twelve month period. The hours of employment include marking and preparation associated with part-time teaching duties. Research degree students will require the approval of the University through their supervisor and, where hours exceed the recommended 8 hours, approval must also be provided by the relevant Dean Research. HDR students shall notify the Graduate Research Centre (GRC) of any work undertaken and any change in employment details.
For more information about the University please contact SACE Overseas Study
Consultant at the below address:
SACE VIET NAM
Tel: 04 6251 2889 or hotline 0902298558
Address: 17T7-17T8 Trung Hoa Nhan Chinh Complex, Hoang Dao Thuy Str., Ha Noi, Vietnam
Chương trình trung học / dự bị chính thống duy nhất tại Việt Nam cho phép:
Tiết kiệm đến 80% chi phí so với học tại Úc. Tiết kiệm hàng chục ngàn đô la chi phí do không phải học dự bị và IELTS
Vào thẳng chính khóa mọi đại học Úc và thế giới, và đủ tư cách xét học bổng như học sinh Úc
Chương trình 100% giáo viên và giáo trình Úc là sự chuẩn bị và làm quen tốt nhất với môi trường học tập quốc tế cho tương lai du học
Bài viết liên quan
“The University of South Australia (UniSA) ranks among the top 10 Universitys in Australia in the Times Higher Education World University...