PreSACE Courses (12-15t)
PreSACE Courses: English at its most, for high achieving students
The PreSACE program is unique in Vietnam. It is based on the exact program delivered to Australian secondary school students to prepare them for higher education and adult life.
This program is not a typical general-English-as-a-second-language course and is not a pure academic skills course either. These courses use English language to teach thinking and critical analysis skills suitable for teenager learners to understand the world around them following international English program standards. This means the program covers all three main areas of a language, which is language and the use of language itself, Literacy and Literature, with the end results being students producing language in different forms in the most native way for academic and life purposes.
The program focuses on developing the most updated and global capabilities for students. It puts Vietnamese students in line with international students, not only with English language skills but, more importantly, mature capabilities and ways of thinking. Those capabilities include literacy, ICT, critical and creative thinking, personal and social capability, ethical understanding and intercultural understanding.
The skills learnt in this PreSACE program levels 1-3 are preparation for the following:
- SACE International, Vietnam
- International high schools in Vietnam
- Specialised English high schools in Vietnam
- Overseas secondary and high schools
Who is PreSACE suitable for?
- Students in a suitable grade for the program; grade 7-9
- Students with a suitably high level of English; typically who have studied English since a young age and are comfortable communicating in English
- Students who are ready to start thinking about the world around them
How will the program be taught and run?
- Qualified teachers from Australia
- Using interactive activities that empower the students to think and learn independently
- Program will adapt to each group of students’ particular needs
- Grammar and rules are embedded in all the courses serving the purpose of producing the right language for students’ assessment works
- A framework of 7 assessments testing the full range of skills
- Regular reports to parents and parental updates to ensure everyone can follow effectively and receives the support they need
|Courses||Duration||Class time||Start date||End date|
|PreSACE 1A Intensive||42 hours (6 hrs/wk)||12/6/2017||30/7/2017|
|PreSACE 1A||50 hours (4 hrs/wk)|
|PreSACE 1B||50 hours (4 hrs/wk)|
|PreSACE 1C||50 hours (4 hrs/wk)|
|PreSACE 2A Intensive||42 hours (6 hrs/wk)||12/6/2017||30/7/2017|
|PreSACE 2A||50 hours (4 hrs/wk)|
|PreSACE 2B||50 hours (4 hrs/wk)|
|PreSACE 2C||50 hours (4 hrs/wk)|
|PreSACE 3A Intensive||42 hours (6 hrs/wk)||12/6/2017||30/7/2017|
|PreSACE 3A||50 hours (4 hrs/wk)|
|PreSACE 3B||50 hours (4 hrs/wk)|
|PreSACE 3C||50 hours (4 hrs/wk)|
|PreSACE 4||150 hours||7/2017||12/2017|